VersaLogic's Falcon (VL-EPU-2610) is an Embedded Processing Unit (EPU) engineered and tested to meet the Industrial Control, Military, and Medical industries’ evolving requirements to develop smaller, lighter, and lower-power systems while adhering to stringent regulatory standards.
Roughly the size of a credit card and less than one inch thick, the Falcon is a highly-integrated embedded computer with a low power Intel® Atom™ E6x0T processor and numerous system interfaces that can withstand extreme temperature, impact, and vibration. The Falcon provides compatibility with a broad range of standard x86 application development tools for reduced development time.
- Embedded processing unit: A complete embedded computer in an extremely small/rugged format
- Intel Atom E6x0T processor: 1.6 GHz performance with low power consumption
- Industrial temperature operation: -40° to 85°C operation for harsh environments
- MIL-STD-202G: Qualified for high shock/vibration environments
- Fanless operation: No moving parts required for CPU cooling
- Wide input voltage range: Accepts 8 V to 17 V (12 V typ.)
- High-performance video: Graphics core supports MPEG-4/H.264 and MPEG-2 encoding and decoding
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) with remote boot support
- Up to 2 GB soldered-on DDR2 RAM
- Supports SATA hard drives and mSATA flash storage options
- Mini PCIe socket: Supports Wi-Fi modems, GPS receivers, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, solid-state storage, and other plug-in devices